- Real-time readouts of thinking in rats 2018-12-19
- New open-source system provides fast, accurate neural decoding and real-time readouts of where rats think they are.
- Alana gift to MIT launches Down syndrome research center, technology program for disabilities 2019-03-20
- Foundation’s $28.6 million gift will fund science, innovation, and education to advance understanding, ability, and inclusion.
- Teaching robots how to move objects 2018-06-13
- PhD candidate and Amazon Robotics Challenge winner Maria Bauza helps to improve how robots interact with the world.
- MIT Lincoln Laboratory earns six R&D 100 Awards for 2017 2017-12-08
- Technologies named among the year's most significant innovations address health care, radar performance, aircraft collision avoidance, and 24-hour wide-area surveillance.
- Neuroscientists reverse some behavioral symptoms of Williams Syndrome 2019-04-22
- Mouse study yields insights into the rare condition, may shed light on other neurological disorders.
- Deep stimulation improves cognitive control by augmenting brain rhythms 2019-04-08
- Finding could improve development of personalized psychiatric treatments.
- Testing new drugs with “ALS-on-a-chip” 2018-10-10
- 3-D tissue model replicates the motor neuron connections affected by amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Alumnus gives MIT $4.5 million to establish the Broderick Fund for Phytocannabinoid Research 2019-04-30
- Gifts to MIT and Harvard Medical School totaling $9 million will fund independent research on cannabinoid’s influence on brain health and behavior.
- Albatross robot takes flight 2018-05-18
- Autonomous glider can fly like an albatross, cruise like a sailboat.