- Alumni-founded robotic kitchen cooks up tasty meals 2018-07-02
- Spyce, a robot-assisted restaurant located in Boston, was invented to respond to a common MIT student desire: good, low-cost food.
- Sensor-packed glove learns signatures of the human grasp 2019-05-29
- Signals help neural network identify objects by touch; system could aid robotics and prosthetics design.
- Using gene editing, neuroscientists develop a new model for autism 2019-06-12
- By introducing a gene variant associated with autism into monkeys, researchers hope to study treatment options for severe neurodevelopmental disorders.
- How the brain switches between different sets of rules 2018-11-19
- When you slow down after exiting the highway, or hush your voice in the library, you’re using this brain mechanism.
- 3Q: The interface between art and neuroscience 2019-04-16
- PhD student Sarah Schwettmann explains how the study of visual perception can translate students’ creativity across domains.
- An interdisciplinary approach to accelerating human-machine collaboration 2019-10-02
- Professor’s startup brings millimeter-scale location tracking to factories, ports, and other industrial environments.
- Cell-sized robots can sense their environment 2018-07-23
- Made of electronic circuits coupled to minute particles, the devices could flow through intestines or pipelines to detect problems.
- New MRI sensor can image activity deep within the brain 2019-02-22
- Noninvasive measurements of calcium could reveal neurons’ roles in different types of behavior.
- Study shows how specific gene variants may raise bipolar disorder risk 2019-01-17
- Findings could help inform new therapies, improve diagnosis.