- Robots track moving objects with unprecedented precision 2019-02-19
- System uses RFID tags to home in on targets; could benefit robotic manufacturing, collaborative drones, and other applications.
- Mini cheetah is the first four-legged robot to do a backflip 2019-03-04
- Robot’s lightweight, high-power design is the perfect platform to share and play, developers say.
- Perception of musical pitch varies across cultures 2019-09-19
- How people interpret musical notes depends on the types of music they have listened to, researchers find.
- Robots can now pick up any object after inspecting it 2018-09-10
- Breakthrough CSAIL system suggests robots could one day be able to see well enough to be useful in people’s homes and offices.
- Brain study finds circuits that may help you keep your cool 2019-01-15
- Research by neuroscientists at MIT’s Picower Institute for Learning and Memory helps explain how the brain regulates arousal.
- “Particle robot” works as a cluster of simple units 2019-03-20
- Loosely connected disc-shaped “particles” can push and pull one another, moving en masse to transport objects.
- Using electricity and water, a new kind of motor can slide microrobots into motion 2018-11-19
- Microhydraulic actuators, thinner than one-third the width of human hair, are proving to be the most powerful and efficient motors at the microscale.
- How to mass produce cell-sized robots 2018-10-23
- Technique from MIT could lead to tiny, self-powered devices for environmental, industrial, or medical monitoring.
- Mapping the brain, cell by cell 2018-12-17
- Technique for preserving tissue allows researchers to create maps of neural circuits with single-cell resolution.