- Alumni-founded robotic kitchen cooks up tasty meals 2018-07-02
- Spyce, a robot-assisted restaurant located in Boston, was invented to respond to a common MIT student desire: good, low-cost food.
- Helping computers perceive human emotions 2018-07-24
- Personalized machine-learning models capture subtle variations in facial expressions to better gauge how we feel.
- Neuroscientists gain new insights through innovation 2018-11-01
- Speakers at the Picower Institute for Learning and Memory fall symposium highlight advances in microscopy, tissue engineering, and reporters of brain activity.
- On a mission to build the uncrashable car 2018-06-11
- Ryan Eustice PhD '05 and his team at the Toyota Research Institute are using artificial intelligence technologies to develop a car incapable of causing accidents.
- MIT scientists discover fundamental rule of brain plasticity 2018-06-22
- Study reveals how, when a synapse strengthens, its neighbors weaken.
- Self-driving cars for country roads 2018-05-07
- Today’s autonomous vehicles require hand-labeled 3-D maps, but CSAIL’s MapLite system enables navigation with just GPS and sensors.
- Building 31 powers back up 2017-09-25
- Members of AeroAstro and MechE are returning to a dramatically renovated building, with robots, drones, and even a Corvette in tow.
- Albatross robot takes flight 2018-05-18
- Autonomous glider can fly like an albatross, cruise like a sailboat.
- Cheetah III robot preps for a role as a first responder 2018-03-26
- Sangbae Kim is now developing the Cheetah III as a commercially viable robot to operate in compromised emergency response environments.