- Tiny motor can “walk” to carry out tasks 2019-07-02
- Mobile motor could pave the way for robots to assemble complex structures — including other robots.
- Robots help patients manage chronic illness at home 2019-10-11
- Move over, Alexa and Siri. Talking Mabu robot provides one-to-one support while relaying information to doctors.
- Automated system generates robotic parts for novel tasks 2019-07-12
- When designing actuators involves too many variables for humans to test by hand, this system can step in.
- How the brain encodes landmarks that help us navigate 2020-03-10
- Neuroscientists discover how a key brain region combines visual and spatial information to help us find our way.
- Optogenetics with SOUL 2020-05-07
- The Feng lab has developed a next-generation optogenetic system for non-invasive stimulation of neurons.
- Professor Emeritus Woodie Flowers, innovator in design and engineering education, dies at 75 2019-10-15
- Beloved teacher and pioneer in hands-on engineering education developed design and robotics competitions at MIT, FIRST, and beyond, while promoting his concept of “gracious professionalism.”
- Engineers 3D print soft, rubbery brain implants 2020-03-30
- Technique may enable speedy, on-demand design of softer, safer neural devices.
- Alzheimer’s plaque emerges early and deep in the brain 2019-10-08
- Clumps of amyloid protein emerge early in deep regions, such as the mammillary body, and march outward in the brain along specific circuits.
- Predicting people's driving personalities 2019-11-18
- System from MIT CSAIL sizes up drivers as selfish or selfless. Could this help self-driving cars navigate in traffic?