- Study: Social robots can benefit hospitalized children 2019-06-26
- Interacting with a robotic teddy bear invented at MIT boosted young patients’ positive emotions, engagement, and activity level.
- Professor Emeritus Woodie Flowers, innovator in design and engineering education, dies at 75 2019-10-15
- Beloved teacher and pioneer in hands-on engineering education developed design and robotics competitions at MIT, FIRST, and beyond, while promoting his concept of “gracious professionalism.”
- Sensor-packed glove learns signatures of the human grasp 2019-05-29
- Signals help neural network identify objects by touch; system could aid robotics and prosthetics design.
- This robot helps you lift objects — by looking at your biceps 2019-05-22
- CSAIL system can mirror a user's motions and follow nonverbal commands by monitoring arm muscles.
- This flat structure morphs into shape of a human face when temperature changes 2019-09-30
- New structural design could lead to self-deploying tents or adaptive robotic fins.
- Machines that learn language more like kids do 2018-10-31
- Computer model could improve human-machine interaction, provide insight into how children learn language.
- A new way to deliver drugs with pinpoint targeting 2019-08-19
- Magnetic particles allow drugs to be released at precise times and in specific areas.
- Neuroscientists reverse some behavioral symptoms of Williams Syndrome 2019-04-22
- Mouse study yields insights into the rare condition, may shed light on other neurological disorders.
- Robots that can sort recycling 2019-04-16
- CSAIL’s "RoCycle" system uses in-hand sensors to detect if an object is paper, metal or plastic.