- Controlling attention with brain waves 2019-12-04
- Study shows that people can boost attention by manipulating their own alpha brain waves.
- System prevents speedy drones from crashing in unfamiliar areas 2019-10-25
- Drones can fly at high speeds to a destination while keeping safe “backup” plans if things go awry.
- Robots that can sort recycling 2019-04-16
- CSAIL’s "RoCycle" system uses in-hand sensors to detect if an object is paper, metal or plastic.
- Assembler robots make large structures from little pieces 2019-10-16
- Systems of tiny robots may someday build high-performance structures, from airplanes to space settlements.
- CSAIL robot disinfects Greater Boston Food Bank 2020-06-29
- Using UV-C light, the system can disinfect a warehouse floor in half an hour — and could one day be employed in grocery stores, schools, and other spaces.
- Engineers design bionic “heart” for testing prosthetic valves, other cardiac devices 2020-01-29
- Device made of heart tissue and a robotic pumping system beats like the real thing.
- To self-drive in the snow, look under the road 2020-02-26
- Weather’s a problem for autonomous cars. MIT’s new system shows promise by using “ground-penetrating radar” instead of cameras or lasers.
- Making tissue stretchable, compressible, and nearly indestructible 2020-05-20
- Chemical process called ELAST allows labeling probes to infuse more quickly, and makes samples tough enough for repeated handling.
- With these neurons, extinguishing fear is its own reward 2020-01-21
- The same neurons responsible for encoding reward also form new memories to suppress fearful ones.