- Albatross robot takes flight 2018-05-18
- Autonomous glider can fly like an albatross, cruise like a sailboat.
- Opera star Renée Fleming explores music and minds in MIT talk 2019-03-12
- Compton Lecture delves into the frontiers of exploration linking neuroscience, music, and health.
- New sensors track dopamine in the brain for more than a year 2018-09-12
- Tiny probes could be useful for monitoring patients with Parkinson’s and other diseases.
- To improve anesthesia, focus on neuroscience and nociception, experts urge 2018-10-04
- A principled approach can lead to less need for drugs, especially opioids, Emery Brown and colleagues say.
- Yo-yo champion pursues his passions at MIT 2018-09-07
- Alex Hattori, a senior in MechE and six-time national yo-yo champion, explores yo-yos and robotics inside and out of the classroom.
- Real-time readouts of thinking in rats 2018-12-19
- New open-source system provides fast, accurate neural decoding and real-time readouts of where rats think they are.
- Using electricity and water, a new kind of motor can slide microrobots into motion 2018-11-19
- Microhydraulic actuators, thinner than one-third the width of human hair, are proving to be the most powerful and efficient motors at the microscale.
- Alumnus gives MIT $4.5 million to establish the Broderick Fund for Phytocannabinoid Research 2019-04-30
- Gifts to MIT and Harvard Medical School totaling $9 million will fund independent research on cannabinoid’s influence on brain health and behavior.
- Surgical technique improves sensation, control of prosthetic limb 2018-05-30
- New study describes first human implementation of novel approach to limb amputation.