- Hearing through the clatter 2019-09-09
- Study reveals brain regions that respond differently to the presence of background noise, suggesting the brain progressively hones in on and isolates sounds.
- Robots track moving objects with unprecedented precision 2019-02-19
- System uses RFID tags to home in on targets; could benefit robotic manufacturing, collaborative drones, and other applications.
- Robots can now pick up any object after inspecting it 2018-09-10
- Breakthrough CSAIL system suggests robots could one day be able to see well enough to be useful in people’s homes and offices.
- Brain activity pattern may be early sign of schizophrenia 2018-11-08
- In a study that might enable earlier diagnosis, neuroscientists find abnormal brain connections that can predict onset of psychotic episodes.
- Bringing human-like reasoning to driverless car navigation 2019-05-23
- Autonomous control system “learns” to use simple maps and image data to navigate new, complex routes.
- Spotting objects amid clutter 2019-06-20
- New approach quickly finds hidden objects in dense point clouds, for use in driverless cars or work spaces with robotic assistants.
- Alumni-founded robotic kitchen cooks up tasty meals 2018-07-02
- Spyce, a robot-assisted restaurant located in Boston, was invented to respond to a common MIT student desire: good, low-cost food.
- Alana gift to MIT launches Down syndrome research center, technology program for disabilities 2019-03-20
- Foundation’s $28.6 million gift will fund science, innovation, and education to advance understanding, ability, and inclusion.
- How expectation influences perception 2019-07-15
- Neuroscientists find brain activity patterns that encode our beliefs and affect how we interpret the world around us.