- Neuroscientists identify brain region linked to altered social interactions in autism model 2019-07-26
- In a mouse model, restoring activity of a specific forebrain region reverses social traits associated with autism.
- Deep learning with point clouds 2019-10-21
- Research aims to make it easier for self-driving cars, robotics, and other applications to understand the 3D world.
- Genetic screen offers new drug targets for Huntington’s disease 2020-01-30
- Neuroscientists identify genes that modulate the disease’s toxic effects.
- Soft robotics breakthrough manages immune response for implanted devices 2019-09-04
- Discovery could enable longer-lasting and better-functioning devices — including pacemakers, breast implants, biosensors, and drug delivery devices.
- Study: Social robots can benefit hospitalized children 2019-06-26
- Interacting with a robotic teddy bear invented at MIT boosted young patients’ positive emotions, engagement, and activity level.
- Robot hand is soft and strong 2019-03-15
- Gripper device inspired by “origami magic ball” can grasp wide array of delicate and heavy objects.
- How to design and control robots with stretchy, flexible bodies 2019-11-22
- Optimizing soft robots to perform specific tasks is a huge computational problem, but a new model can help.
- Bringing human-like reasoning to driverless car navigation 2019-05-23
- Autonomous control system “learns” to use simple maps and image data to navigate new, complex routes.
- A new way to deliver drugs with pinpoint targeting 2019-08-19
- Magnetic particles allow drugs to be released at precise times and in specific areas.