- The Force was strong in this robot competition 2017-05-15
- MechE class ends semester with ingeniously designed robots battling on a “Star Wars”-themed playing field.
- Study: Rhythmic interactions between cortical layers underlie working memory 2018-01-15
- MIT neuroscientists suggest a model for how we gain volitional control of what we hold in our minds.
- 2.007 robots battle it out, revolutionary-style 2016-05-06
- Motors smoking, robot reenacted Paul Revere’s ride to win competition.
- Faster, more nimble drones on the horizon 2017-05-25
- New algorithm quickly makes sense of incoming visual data.
- Rule-based evolutionary online learning systems 2007-03-13
Butz, M.V. (2006). Rule-based evolutionary online learning systems: A principled approach to LCS analysis and design. Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing Series, Springer Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg, Germany.
- Pinpointing a brain circuit that can keep fears at bay 2016-09-27
- Study suggests path to prolonging treatment effectiveness for phobias or post-traumatic stress disorder.
- The benefits of surprise in dynamic environments: from Theory to Pratice 2007-05-10
(submitted to) 2nd International Conference on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction – ACII-07, 2007.
- Empirical Analysis of Generalization and Learning in XCS with Gradient Descent 2007-10-30
Lanzi P. L., Butz M. V., Goldberg D. E. (2007). GECCO 2007: Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference. 1814-1821.
- Automated global structure extraction for effective local building block processing in XCS 2007-03-13
Butz, M.V., Pelikan, M., Llorà, X., & Goldberg, D.E. (2006) Automated global structure extraction for effective local building block processing in XCS. Evolutionary Computation, 14, 345-380.