- Fadel Adib joins Media Lab faculty 2017-01-27
- Adib is directing a new research group at the Media Lab, aiming to uncover, analyze, and engineer natural and human-made networks.
- First-ever 3-D printed robots made of both solids and liquids 2016-04-06
- System from Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab 3-D prints hydraulically-powered robot bodies, with no assembly required.
- Faculty, staff, alumni honored in MIT Technology Review's 35 Innovators Under 35 2015-08-18
- Learning to select targets within targets in reaching tasks. 2008-05-15
Herbort O., Ognibene O., Butz M.V., Baldassarre G. (2007). Learning to
select targets within targets in reaching tasks. The 6th IEEE International
Conference on Development and Learning (ICDL2007).
- What we can solve 2015-10-06
- Inaugural Solve event intended to “accelerate positive change.”
- Metric State Space Reinforcement Learning for a Vision-Capable Mobile Robot 2007-04-17
V. Zhumatiy, F. Gomez, M. Hutter, and J. Schmidhuber: Metric State Space
Reinforcement Learning for a Vision-Capable Mobile Robot, Proc.
of the Int'l Conf. on Intelligent Autonomous Systems,
IAS-06, Tokyo, 2006.
- Enhancing movement with computational models 2015-10-07
- PhD student David Hill maps human locomotion in detail to improve rehabilitative and assistive robotics.
- Jonathan How named AIAA Fellow 2016-02-11
- MIT professor and engineer honored for significant contributions to the field of aeronautics.
- UAVs learn to fly solo 2015-08-24
- Nick Roy develops unmanned aerial vehicles that can operate autonomously in constrained spaces and unmapped environments.