- An autonomous fleet for Amsterdam 2016-09-19
- MIT, AMS Institute will collaborate to solve complex urban problems for Amsterdam with the development of autonomous "roboats."
- Faculty at MIT and beyond respond forcefully to an article critical of Suzanne Corkin 2016-08-10
- More than 200 members of the scientific community sign a letter supporting the late MIT neuroscientist; department head issues a statement.
- An Experimental Study of Anticipation in Simple Robot Navigation 2007-04-22
Johansson, B. and Balkenius, C. (2007). An Experimental Study of Anticipation in Simple Robot Navigation. In Butz, M. et al. (Ed.) Anticipatory Behavior in Adaptive Learning Systems: From Brains to Individual and Social Behavior. LNAI, 4520, Springer-Verlag.
- How the brain perceives rhythm 2017-01-05
- Study finds the brain is biased toward rhythms based on simple integer ratios.
- Model sheds light on purpose of inhibitory neurons 2017-01-09
- Study suggests computational role for neurons that prevent other neurons from firing.
- An Analysis of the Ideomotor Principle and TOTE 2007-04-15
Giovanni Pezzulo, Gianluca Baldassarre, Martin V. Butz, Cristiano Castelfranchi, and Joachim Hoffmann (2006). In Butz M.V., Sigaud O., Pezzulo G., Baldassarre G. (eds.) Proceedings of the Third Workshop on Anticipatory Behavior in Adaptive Learning Systems (ABiALS 2006)
- Jonathan How named AIAA Fellow 2016-02-11
- MIT professor and engineer honored for significant contributions to the field of aeronautics.
- How neurons lose their connections 2016-01-14
- Scientists identify protein that allows brain cells to dampen their sensitivity.
- Phone-based laser rangefinder works outdoors 2016-03-25
- Depth sensor built from off-the-shelf parts filters out ambient infrared light.