- Automated global structure extraction for effective local building block processing in XCS 2007-03-13
Butz, M.V., Pelikan, M., Llorà, X., & Goldberg, D.E. (2006) Automated global structure extraction for effective local building block processing in XCS. Evolutionary Computation, 14, 345-380.
- An Experimental Study of Anticipation in Simple Robot Navigation 2007-04-22
Johansson, B. and Balkenius, C. (2007). An Experimental Study of Anticipation in Simple Robot Navigation. In Butz, M. et al. (Ed.) Anticipatory Behavior in Adaptive Learning Systems: From Brains to Individual and Social Behavior. LNAI, 4520, Springer-Verlag.
- The Symbol Detachment Problem 2007-04-15
Pezzulo, G. & Castelfranchi, C. The Symbol Detachment Problem. To appear in: Cognitive Processing. online: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10339-007-0164-0
- Rule-based evolutionary online learning systems 2007-03-13
Butz, M.V. (2006). Rule-based evolutionary online learning systems: A principled approach to LCS analysis and design. Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing Series, Springer Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg, Germany.
- McGovern Institute awards 2017 Scolnick Prize to Catherine Dulac 2017-02-13
- Neurobiologist honored for her work on how pheromones control brain function and behavior.
- How to control robots with brainwaves and hand gestures 2018-06-20
- Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory system enables people to correct robot mistakes on multiple-choice tasks.
- Putting the brain at the center of anesthesiology 2018-02-16
- Emery N. Brown explains how statistics and neuroscience improve anesthesiology at the American Association for the Advancement of Science's annual meeting.
- Engineers design drones that can stay aloft for five days 2017-06-07
- New design could provide communication support in disaster zones.
- An unexpected ambition borne from MIT experience 2018-06-06
- Annamarie Bair, a premed student turned computer science major, is drawn to the promise of artificial intelligence and health care.