- High school students learn to build big ideas 2018-08-13
- Visiting students learn what it takes to be an engineer — and a bit more about themselves — at the Edgerton Center’s annual Engineering Design Workshop.
- To improve anesthesia, focus on neuroscience and nociception, experts urge 2018-10-04
- A principled approach can lead to less need for drugs, especially opioids, Emery Brown and colleagues say.
- Neurons’ “antennae” are unexpectedly active in neural computation 2019-06-06
- Tiny, branching extensions called dendrites may be more than just passive information-carriers, study finds.
- Neuroscientists reverse some behavioral symptoms of Williams Syndrome 2019-04-22
- Mouse study yields insights into the rare condition, may shed light on other neurological disorders.
- Bringing human-like reasoning to driverless car navigation 2019-05-23
- Autonomous control system “learns” to use simple maps and image data to navigate new, complex routes.
- Identifying artificial intelligence “blind spots” 2019-01-24
- Model identifies instances when autonomous systems have learned from examples that may cause dangerous errors in the real world.
- Sebastien Mannai, Antoni Rosinol Vidal win FutureMakers first prize 2018-09-04
- AeroAstro grad students win multi-university challenge by demonstrating the utility of machine vision in a complex system.
- Robots shoot for the moon in MIT’s annual 2.007 competition 2019-05-10
- Robotic sweepers, flappers, and telescoping arms face off for a shot at coveted engineering prize.
- Model helps robots navigate more like humans do 2018-10-04
- In simulations, robots move through new environments by exploring, observing, and drawing from learned experiences.