- Alana gift to MIT launches Down syndrome research center, technology program for disabilities 2019-03-20
- Foundation’s $28.6 million gift will fund science, innovation, and education to advance understanding, ability, and inclusion.
- Helping computers perceive human emotions 2018-07-24
- Personalized machine-learning models capture subtle variations in facial expressions to better gauge how we feel.
- Surgical technique improves sensation, control of prosthetic limb 2018-05-30
- New study describes first human implementation of novel approach to limb amputation.
- Designing vehicles that drive, fly — and swim 2019-03-31
- Senior and Marshall Scholar Crystal Winston pursues her vision of a world where cars aren’t limited to roads.
- How we make complex decisions 2019-05-16
- Neuroscientists identify a brain circuit that helps break decisions down into smaller pieces.
- Exploring unknowns in cancer, the human brain, and the road ahead 2018-11-18
- Double major Kerrie Greene builds connections in her research and her community.
- “Blind” Cheetah 3 robot can climb stairs littered with obstacles 2018-07-05
- Improved design may be used for exploring disaster zones and other dangerous or inaccessible environments.
- Using gene editing, neuroscientists develop a new model for autism 2019-06-12
- By introducing a gene variant associated with autism into monkeys, researchers hope to study treatment options for severe neurodevelopmental disorders.
- How to control robots with brainwaves and hand gestures 2018-06-20
- Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory system enables people to correct robot mistakes on multiple-choice tasks.