- Metric State Space Reinforcement Learning for a Vision-Capable Mobile Robot 2007-04-17
V. Zhumatiy, F. Gomez, M. Hutter, and J. Schmidhuber: Metric State Space
Reinforcement Learning for a Vision-Capable Mobile Robot, Proc.
of the Int'l Conf. on Intelligent Autonomous Systems,
IAS-06, Tokyo, 2006.
- Teaching programming to preschoolers 2015-03-12
- System that lets children program a robot using stickers embodies new theories about programming languages.
- RNN-based Learning of Compact Maps for Efficient Robot Localization 2007-04-17
A. Foerster, A. Graves, J. Schmidhuber: RNN-based Learning of Compact Maps for Efficient Robot Localization. ESANN 2007.
- Want a happy worker? Let robots take control. 2014-08-21
- CSAIL study finds that human subjects prefer when robots give the orders.
- Surprise as shortcut for Anticipation: clustering Mental States in Reasoning 2006-12-06
To enhance effectiveness in real world applications,
autonomous agents have to develop cognitive competencies
and anticipatory capabilities. Here we
point out their strong liaison with the functional
roles of affective mental states as those of humanlike
metaphor: not only the root elements for both
surprise and anticipation are expectations, but also
part of the effects of the former elicit efforts on the
latter. By analyzing different kinds of expectations,
we provide a general architecture enhancing practical
reasoning with mental states, describing and
empirically evaluating how mental and behavioral
attitudes, emerging from mental states, can be applied
for augmenting agent reactivity, opportunism
and efficacy in terms of anticipation.
- Schema-based design and the AKIRA Schema Language: An Overview 2007-11-15
Pezzulo, G. & Calvi, G. Schema-based design and the AKIRA Schema Language: An Overview Anticipatory Behavior. In Butz, M.; Sigaud, O.; Pezzulo, G. & Baldassarre, G. (ed.) in Adaptive Learning Systems: Advances in Anticipatory Processing, Springer LNAI 4520, 2007
- The whole truth 2014-06-10
- Children can tell when a teacher commits “sins of omission.”
- Bound for robotic glory 2014-09-15
- New algorithm enables MIT cheetah robot to run and jump, untethered, across grass.
- Vision system for household robots 2015-01-12
- New algorithm could enable household robots to better identify objects in cluttered environments.