- DNA breakage underlies both learning, age-related damage 2015-06-04
- Process that allows brains to learn and remember also leads to degeneration with age.
- MIT researchers find where visual memories are made 2015-01-20
- Discovery could lead to new treatments for cognitive disorders including autism and schizophrenia.
- First stop robot road race, next stop NASA 2015-05-09
- MIT Robotics Team rover competes against 22 machines in a robot race to support alumna-founded global health organization Vecna Cares.
- Centimeter-long origami robot 2015-06-12
- Controlled by magnetic fields, tiny robot climbs inclines, swims, and carries loads twice its weight.
- New strategies for anesthesia 2015-02-23
- Emery Brown says anesthesia drugs have been used in the U.S. for more than 160 years, but were largely misunderstood — until now.
- Apprendimento per rinforzo e codifica tramite popolazione neurale: un modello per il reaching applicato a due task 2007-03-19
WIVA3 - 3° Workshop Italiano Vita Artificiale
- Gradient descent methods in learning classifier systems 2007-04-23
Butz, M.V., Goldberg, D.E., & Lanzi, P.L. (2005) Gradient descent methods in learning classifier systems: Improving XCS performance in multistep problems. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 9, 452-473.
- Anticipations, Brains, Individual and Social Behavior: An Introduction to Anticipatory Systems 2007-10-30
In Butz M. V., Sigaud O., Pezzulo G. (Eds.), Anticipatory Behavior in Adaptive Learning Systems: From Brains to Individual and Social Behavior (LNAI 4520). Berlin Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag. (in press)
- Neuroscientists reveal how the brain can enhance connections 2015-11-18
- Newly identified mechanism allows the brain to strengthen links between neurons.