- Fifteen MIT scientists receive NIH BRAIN Initiative grants 2014-09-30
- Patrick McGovern, founder of McGovern Institute for Brain Research, dies at 76 2014-03-20
- $350 million gift in 2000 aimed to broaden neuroscientists’ understanding of the human brain.
- Problem Solution Sustenance in XCS 2007-04-23
Butz, M.V., Goldberg, D.E., Lanzi, P.L., & Sastry, K. (2007). Problem Solution Sustenance in XCS: Markov Chain Analysis of Niche Support Distributions and Consequent Computational Complexity. Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines, 8, 5-37.
- Picower study finds connection between rare muscle disease and autoimmune disorders 2014-09-04
- Patients with a rare neuromuscular disorder and those with nerve damage tied to autoimmune disorders may share the same faulty synapses.
- Solving Deep Memory POMDPs with Recurrent Policy Gradients 2007-04-17
D. Wierstra, A. Foerster, J. Schmidhuber: Solving Deep Memory POMDPs with Recurrent Policy Gradients. Under review.
- Student-built robots compete on the slopes 2014-05-09
- Simulated ski run challenges mechanical engineering students to produce a wide array of robots.
- Better robot vision 2013-10-07
- A neglected statistical tool could help robots better understand the objects in the world around them.
- Under the sea 2013-10-02
- MIT senior Grace Young’s love of marine robotics will lead her to spend up to a month underwater this semester, collecting data and teaching classes over Skype to help save the oceans.
- Combining Gradient-Based With Evolutionary Online Learning: An Introduction to Learning Classifier Systems 2007-10-30
Seventh International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems (HIS 2007), 12-17.