- Study: Distinct brain rhythms and regions help us reason about categories 2018-01-25
- High-frequency gamma oscillations sort similar-looking objects; lower-frequency beta oscillations kick in when connections are more abstract.
- From Actions to Goals and Vice-versa: Theoretical Analysis and Models of the Ideomotor Principle and TOTE 2007-04-15
Pezzulo, G.; Baldassarre, G.; Butz, M.V.; Castelfranchi, C. & Hoffmann, J. From Actions to Goals and Vice-versa: Theoretical Analysis and Models of the Ideomotor Principle and TOTE. In Butz, M.; Sigaud, O.; Pezzulo, G. & Baldassarre, G. (ed.) Anticipatory Behavior in Adaptive Learning Systems: Advances in Anticipatory Processing, Springer LNAI 4520, 2007
- Problem Solution Sustenance in XCS 2007-04-23
Butz, M.V., Goldberg, D.E., Lanzi, P.L., & Sastry, K. (2007). Problem Solution Sustenance in XCS: Markov Chain Analysis of Niche Support Distributions and Consequent Computational Complexity. Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines, 8, 5-37.
- Making better decisions when outcomes are uncertain 2017-03-21
- A simple statistical trick could help make a ubiquitous model of decision processes more accurate.
- Drones that drive 2017-06-26
- CSAIL team’s system of quadcopters that fly and drive suggest another approach to developing flying cars.
- Combining Gradient-Based With Evolutionary Online Learning: An Introduction to Learning Classifier Systems 2007-10-30
Seventh International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems (HIS 2007), 12-17.
- Building better trust between humans and machines 2016-06-21
- MIT-SUTD researchers are creating improved interfaces to help machines and humans work together to complete tasks.
- Using Particle Filters to Anticipate the Location of Reappearance of a Temporarily Hidden Target 2007-06-01
- Event Prediction and Object Motion Estimation in the Development of Visual Attention 2007-04-22
Balkenius, C., and Johansson, B. (2005). Event Prediction and Object Motion Estimation in the Development of Visual Attention. Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Epigenetic Robotics. Nara, Japan.