- Expectations driven approach for Situated, Goal-directed Agents 2007-09-26
In proceedings of AI*IA/TABOO Joint Workshop (WOA 2007). Genova, Italy. 2007
- Studying XCS/BOA learning in Boolean functions 2007-03-13
Butz, M.V., & Pelikan, M. (2006). Studying XCS/BOA learning in Boolean functions: Structure encoding and random boolean functions. Proceedings of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO-2006). 1449-1456.
- The Anticipatory Nature of Representations 2007-04-15
Giovanni Pezzulo, Gianluca Baldassarre, Rino Falcone, Cristiano Castelfranchi (2006). Proceedings of the 50th Anniversary Summit of Artificial Intelligence (ASAI50).
- The unexpected aspects of Surprise 2007-04-10
Lorini, E., Castelfranchi, C. (2006); International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, 20 (6), pp. 817-835.
- Scientists identify brain circuit that drives pleasure-inducing behavior 2017-03-22
- Surprisingly, the neurons are located in a brain region thought to be linked with fear.
- On a mission to build the uncrashable car 2018-06-11
- Ryan Eustice PhD '05 and his team at the Toyota Research Institute are using artificial intelligence technologies to develop a car incapable of causing accidents.
- Learning to anticipate a temporarily hidden moving object 2007-11-13
- Viral tool traces long-term neuron activity 2018-03-05
- New technique is nontoxic to cells, should allow scientists to study neuron function for months or years instead of weeks.
- Gradient descent methods in learning classifier systems 2007-04-23
Butz, M.V., Goldberg, D.E., & Lanzi, P.L. (2005) Gradient descent methods in learning classifier systems: Improving XCS performance in multistep problems. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 9, 452-473.