- Studying XCS/BOA learning in Boolean functions 2007-03-13
Butz, M.V., & Pelikan, M. (2006). Studying XCS/BOA learning in Boolean functions: Structure encoding and random boolean functions. Proceedings of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO-2006). 1449-1456.
- Kwanghun Chung receives NIH New Innovator Award 2016-10-13
- Award will support the development of technologies that can enable a better understanding of complex biological systems.
- Anticipations, Brains, Individual and Social Behavior: An Introduction to Anticipatory Systems 2007-10-30
In Butz M. V., Sigaud O., Pezzulo G. (Eds.), Anticipatory Behavior in Adaptive Learning Systems: From Brains to Individual and Social Behavior (LNAI 4520). Berlin Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag. (in press)
- Expectations driven approach for Situated, Goal-directed Agents 2007-09-26
In proceedings of AI*IA/TABOO Joint Workshop (WOA 2007). Genova, Italy. 2007
- Study: Distinct brain rhythms and regions help us reason about categories 2018-01-25
- High-frequency gamma oscillations sort similar-looking objects; lower-frequency beta oscillations kick in when connections are more abstract.
- Automated global structure extraction for effective local building block processing in XCS 2007-03-13
Butz, M.V., Pelikan, M., Llorà, X., & Goldberg, D.E. (2006) Automated global structure extraction for effective local building block processing in XCS. Evolutionary Computation, 14, 345-380.
- Newly discovered neural connections may be linked to emotional decision-making 2016-09-19
- Researchers suspect cells in this brain circuit could also be targets of Parkinson’s disease.
- Study: Rhythmic interactions between cortical layers underlie working memory 2018-01-15
- MIT neuroscientists suggest a model for how we gain volitional control of what we hold in our minds.
- Design your own custom drone 2016-12-05
- CSAIL system lets users design and fabricate drones with a wide range of shapes and structures.