- Function Approximation with XCS 2007-04-23
Butz, M.V., Lanzi, P.L., & Wilson, S.W. (in press). Function Approximation with XCS: Hyperellipsoidal Conditions, Recursive Least Squares, and Compaction. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation.
- Design your own custom drone 2016-12-05
- CSAIL system lets users design and fabricate drones with a wide range of shapes and structures.
- Engineers design “tree-on-a-chip” 2017-03-20
- Microfluidic device generates passive hydraulic power, may be used to make small robots move.
- Mapping serotonin dynamics in the living brain 2016-10-20
- Imaging technique that creates 3-D video of serotonin transport could aid antidepressant development.
- “Exhibitionists” and “Voyeurs” do it better: a Shared Environment for Flexible Coordination with Tacit Messages 2007-04-10
Tummolini, L., Castelfranchi C., Ricci, A. Viroli, M., Omicini, A. (2005); in H. van Parunak, D. Weyns (Eds.) Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, LNAI 3374, Sringer-Verlag Heidelberg, pp. 215-231.
- Worm-inspired material strengthens, changes shape in response to its environment 2017-03-20
- A bio-inspired gel material developed at MIT could help engineers control movements of soft robots.
- Feng Zhang named James and Patricia Poitras Professor in Neuroscience 2017-01-13
- CRISPR pioneer named to inaugural chair created by Patricia and James Poitras '63, founders of MIT’s Poitras Center for Affective Disorders Research.
- A new player in appetite control 2016-10-18
- Brain cells that provide structural support also influence feeding behavior, study shows.
- Event Prediction and Object Motion Estimation in the Development of Visual Attention 2007-04-22
Balkenius, C., and Johansson, B. (2005). Event Prediction and Object Motion Estimation in the Development of Visual Attention. Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Epigenetic Robotics. Nara, Japan.