- Seeking a ‘parts list’ for the retina 2014-03-24
- New technique classifies retinal neurons into 15 categories, including some previously unknown types.
- The Interplay of Analogy-Making with Active Vision and Motor Control in Anticipatory Robots 2007-04-22
Kiryazov, K., Petkov, G., Grinberg, M. , Kokinov, B., and Balkenius, C. (2007). The Interplay of Analogy-Making with Active Vision and Motor Control in Anticipatory Robots. In Butz, M. et al. (Ed.) Anticipatory Behavior in Adaptive Learning Systems: From Brains to Individual and Social Behavior. LNAI, 4520, Springer-Verlag
- Discovering hippocampal connections responsible for episodic memory 2013-12-19
- MIT neuroscientists map neural circuits involving the CA2 region of the hippocampus.
- Building Robots with Analogy-Based Anticipation 2007-05-09
Petkov, G., Naydenov, Ch., Grinberg, M., Kokinov(2006); Proceedings of the KI 2006, 29th German Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Bremen
- The benefits of surprise in dynamic environments: from Theory to Pratice 2007-05-10
(submitted to) 2nd International Conference on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction – ACII-07, 2007.
- Rise of the compliant machines 2014-02-20
- MIT spinout Meka Robotics, recently acquired by Google, creates ‘sociable’ humanoids that could help advance human-robot interaction.
- A Schema Based Model of the Praying Mantis 2006-12-06
(2006) From animals to animats 9: Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Simulation of Adaptive Behaviour
- Automated global structure extraction for effective local building block processing in XCS 2007-03-13
Butz, M.V., Pelikan, M., Llorà, X., & Goldberg, D.E. (2006) Automated global structure extraction for effective local building block processing in XCS. Evolutionary Computation, 14, 345-380.
- Herding robots 2014-02-12
- A new system combines simple control programs to enable fleets of robots — or other “multiagent systems” — to collaborate in unprecedented ways.