- Surprise as shortcut for Anticipation: clustering Mental States in Reasoning 2006-12-06
To enhance effectiveness in real world applications,
autonomous agents have to develop cognitive competencies
and anticipatory capabilities. Here we
point out their strong liaison with the functional
roles of affective mental states as those of humanlike
metaphor: not only the root elements for both
surprise and anticipation are expectations, but also
part of the effects of the former elicit efforts on the
latter. By analyzing different kinds of expectations,
we provide a general architecture enhancing practical
reasoning with mental states, describing and
empirically evaluating how mental and behavioral
attitudes, emerging from mental states, can be applied
for augmenting agent reactivity, opportunism
and efficacy in terms of anticipation.
- Phone-based laser rangefinder works outdoors 2016-03-25
- Depth sensor built from off-the-shelf parts filters out ambient infrared light.
- Startup bringing driverless taxi service to Singapore 2016-03-24
- Fleet of autonomous vehicles will serve as convenient form of public transit while reducing emissions.
- Developing anticipatory and affective competences in multi agent systems 2007-04-16
C. Castelfranchi, R. Falcone and M. Piunti. In Proceedings of International Workshop on Multi-agent Systems and Simulation (ISC 2006), Palermo, Italy., 2006.
- Expectations driven approach for Situated, Goal-directed Agents 2007-09-26
In proceedings of AI*IA/TABOO Joint Workshop (WOA 2007). Genova, Italy. 2007
- Metric State Space Reinforcement Learning for a Vision-Capable Mobile Robot 2007-04-17
V. Zhumatiy, F. Gomez, M. Hutter, and J. Schmidhuber: Metric State Space
Reinforcement Learning for a Vision-Capable Mobile Robot, Proc.
of the Int'l Conf. on Intelligent Autonomous Systems,
IAS-06, Tokyo, 2006.
- Data mining in learning classifier systems: Comparing XCS with GAssist 2007-10-30
(2007). In Kovacs, T. et al. (Eds.) Learning Classifier Systems: International Workshops, IWLCS 2003-2005, LNAI 4399, Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg. 282-290.
- Teaching programming to preschoolers 2015-03-12
- System that lets children program a robot using stickers embodies new theories about programming languages.
- Giving robots a more nimble grasp 2015-08-04
- Engineers use the environment to give simple robotic grippers more dexterity.