- Fadel Adib joins Media Lab faculty 2017-01-27
- Adib is directing a new research group at the Media Lab, aiming to uncover, analyze, and engineer natural and human-made networks.
- Study: Distinct brain rhythms and regions help us reason about categories 2018-01-25
- High-frequency gamma oscillations sort similar-looking objects; lower-frequency beta oscillations kick in when connections are more abstract.
- Anticipations, Brains, Individual and Social Behavior: An Introduction to Anticipatory Systems 2007-10-30
In Butz M. V., Sigaud O., Pezzulo G. (Eds.), Anticipatory Behavior in Adaptive Learning Systems: From Brains to Individual and Social Behavior (LNAI 4520). Berlin Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag. (in press)
- Effect of pure error-based fitness in XCS 2007-10-30
(2007). In Kovacs, T. et al. (Eds.) Learning Classifier Systems: International Workshops, IWLCS 2003-2005, LNAI 4399, Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg. 104-114.
- Gradient descent methods in learning classifier systems 2007-04-23
Butz, M.V., Goldberg, D.E., & Lanzi, P.L. (2005) Gradient descent methods in learning classifier systems: Improving XCS performance in multistep problems. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 9, 452-473.
- Robotic system monitors specific neurons 2017-08-30
- Success rate is comparable to that of highly trained scientists performing the process manually.
- Putting the brain at the center of anesthesiology 2018-02-16
- Emery N. Brown explains how statistics and neuroscience improve anesthesiology at the American Association for the Advancement of Science's annual meeting.
- Trajectory learning through motor babbling: reaching with obstacle avoidance. 2008-05-15
Ferrauto Tomassino, Ognibene Dimitri, Caligiore Daniele, Baldassare Gianluca (2007). Trajectory learning through motor babbling: reaching with obstacle avoidance. In Nicosia Giuseppe, Pavone Mario, Atti del Quarto Workshop Italiano di Vita Artificiale e Computazione Evolutiva (WIVACE 2007) (In formato elettronico). Catania: Università di Catania. (Baia Samuele, Sampietri, Italia, 5-7 Settembre 2007).
- Apprendimento per rinforzo e codifica tramite popolazione neurale: un modello per il reaching applicato a due task 2007-03-19
WIVA3 - 3° Workshop Italiano Vita Artificiale